Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ECONOMY (CO-OPERATION) DRIVE

Dear Friends,Following is just one of 200+ letters that I wrote to 7500 employees of Larsen & Turbo Ltd’s, Mumbai factory, when I was General Manager (1979 - 1987). This open honest communication led to a remarkable improvement in industrial relations.If you wish to download the entire set, just click hereRegards,Hemen Parekh
http://www.indiarecruiter.net/----------------------------------------
To:Dear Friends
ECONOMY (CO-OPERATION) DRIVE
The first salvo has been fired :
This list is not the "end" - the battle has only begun !In the meantime I welcome suggestions from employees on- Cost-reduction (without sacrificing desired quality ! - very important)- Productivity improvement.And I request Supervisors and Managers to encourage employees to come up to them and share their suggestions - so that the same are implemented even before they reach me '.And I request managers to tell me what they have implemented successfully in their areas - so that I can give these wide publicity through my letters. May be others can do likewise."Therefore, with determination, get up and fight - 0 Arjun" (Gita).H.C. PAREKHP:S: In view of the Economy Drive, I am not sending individual copies. If you chance to read this on the Notice-Board, please tell others.
July 21, 1986
W-40

No comments:

Post a Comment